WASD 0016: The Most Balanced Competitive FPS Games | Tek Syndicate

Best LAN party game would be PS2(planet side 2) only if there will be a lot of people. What you can do is have everyone join the different teams on one server. I'm sure that they're is other ones that could be somewhat better, but I think that PS2 is quite good.

Yep. Give me some custom COOP mode on brutal and drop F bombs at the new dolphin diving terrorists.

Best LAN games.. hm

Delta Force 2, always fun
Minecraft, theres lots of things you can do with this.
Divinity original sin is great for coop, up to 4 people.
Some classic red alert or age of empires.

For lan party games, I would have to say that Chivalry would be my pick.

Yeah C&C is good fun at a LAN party.

so is team stacking in CS 1.6 at a CAL-I tournament. Pisses everyone off for not being serious.

I think it would be awesome to have a CS:GO tournament, unreal tournament, league of legends or dota 2 tournament, and maybe a civilization or company of heroes tournament.

So basically, FPS games that came out before 2010!!!!!
I think DoD (Day of Defeat) and COD1 should have been at least mentioned!
DoD is more balanced than COD1 but both are worthy a mention!

Flatout 2 or Flatout Ultimate Carnage !
Warcraft 3

I'm planning to make the trip from Ohio for this epic event next year.

Aside from having just a few friends over for some gaming sessions, I've actually never been to an official LAN party.

Some games I would love to play at Lan Syndicate:

-CS:GO
-Rocket League
-Quake
-Battlefield 1942
-Unreal Tournament (maybe the new one if there is a stable release by then)

Please no LOL or DOTA. That sounds like a nightmare haha.

@wendell Will you be making the trip out there?

TF2 is fairly balanced now IMO. The last few updates really evened things out. There are still some issues and some weird things but other than that it is pretty good.

They reworked some of the charging shields. The Chargin Targe and the Tide Turner have been made more balanced. I think the issue exists more in the melee weapons you pair with them. The Scottsmans is ridiculous. Especially with random crits on. The Ali Babas Booties which make it so you can infinitely charge essentially as you kill people is a bit dumb too. IMO I wish they never added the charge mechanic but it isn't as bad now.

Other really unbalanced things I'd say would be things like the Loch and Load (especially against sentries) and the Beggars Bazooka. They pretty much made mini sentries worthless and Engie overall is a lot less powerful now. (IMO a dumb change). Other than that stuff it is good.

You really need a good team with good communication though or else you're fucked. Also class limits. Make it quite enjoyable.

1 Like

Some of the best fun I've ever had was playing AssaultCube on some old shitboxes we rescued from a recycling center. Playing at 800x600 on a dell P4 is surprisingly fun, especially when your computer can catch fire at any point...

Hmm. Come to think of it I don't really play any popular LAN games. Just not a big FPS fan. I'll likely be playing SC2 or FoF

Just throwing this out there pistol, but your comment on the awp in cs is totally incorrect. The awp can only one shot kill from the waist up anything from waist down can do a maximum of 86 dmg to any person. No matter if they have armor or not. Just google awp dmg cs 1.6 and you will see what Iam talking about. Awp was originally a one shot kill, but that was changed in cs 1.1 to the system I explained above.

Since you'll have the numbers, anything that'll do 64 players (or more)! Oh the insanity / awesomness that'll be.

Long live to Natural Selection 1!!!

NS2?.... be damned <.<

I play Fistful of Frags when I listen to The Tek and WASD and I found a Colt Walker on the ground just as you mentioned it!

Amongst my group of friends, the best LAN games we played were Age of Empires III, with all the expansions, and an older game called RUNE - think third-person hack-and-slash, using the Unreal Tournament engine, based, vaguely, around Vikings.

Ha, now we know why Logan is not fond of FPS games.

The best general LAN games evokes competitive side of people and has quick learning curve but is not easy to master.

• Counter-strike 1.6; Source; GO
  • Battlefield 1942; 2
  • Quake III Arena
  • Unreal Tournament 2k4
  • Crash Team Racing
  • M.U.L.E.

Dueling in Diablo 2 LoD was the tits. Blizz sorceress was my favorite.

1 Like

How come no one said anything about the episode number?!
Last episode was 11, this one... 16?
Counting in the pilot, 2 versions of episode 4 (drunk and sober) and 2 versions of episode 10, that brings it in to 14, with this one being 15, not 16...
Am I missing something?