Wasabi Mango UHD430 doesn't turn ON

Hey guys,

I bought an UHD430 on Monday night and it arrived on Thursday afternoon, superb courier speed.

After 2 hours of wire management and redoing everything, setting up my old monitor in vertical mode, it finally came to the moment where I get to turn on my prized behemoth panel, so I pressed the power button on the remote.... and NOTHING happen. After 5min of looking all over the machine, I finally found a power switch at the bottom of the panel and realised that's all I was missing, so I switched it to on and pressed the on button again... and NOTHING happen. I've checked my power cable with the old monitor to ensure that it works. I've pressed both power button on the back of the panel and the remote with no luck. So... have anyone else encountered this problem before? Or even better have a solution? Is there anything I need to look out for when connecting this monitor and its alikes?

I guess the only thing left to do is to send it back to Korea... which is a pain in the ass.

I believe @mb67 has one of these - maybe there are other secret switches or some kind of special rain dance you have to perform to get it to turn on?

I have not had that issue, thankfully. Could it be a breaker issue?

There are no special tricks to remember with regards to powering it on- plug it into an outlet, hit the little power switch on the bottom, and that's it.

Oh, one more question- did they send you a power cord adapter, or an actual US power cord? Mine came with an actual cord and not the adapter.

Yea? Tell me what to do and I will do it.

They send me an adaptor so I am assuming it's original korean cord. But I did read the cord voltage and it says 100-250v... which should really work any where in the world.

It's so painful to stare at a black panel that I just can't turn on.... u_____u crushes my heart....

Did you check to see that either the power chord is not plugged in correctly, or has tripped a breaker? Also make sure the batteries in the remote are not isolated

I had a close look at the cord, it looks fairly standard and have the same voltage and amp with my old monitor's power cord. I've tested cord with the old monitor to ensure the cord was working. I've re-plug it several times on the UHD430's end... and really don't see any mechanics more complex than a standard monitor/PC power plug. The remote is definitely working because it has a red light every time you press a button, besides that I've also tried the power button behind the panel. So yea... I think I've checked all those with no luck...

Thanks for the suggestions tho. If anyone else have more suggestions, please feel free to shoot them at me.

Would it be rude of me to ask if you have cockroaches? The critters love warm spots, The reason I ask is below, this was a co-workers TV and it ummm had an interesting death....

3 Likes

lol... interesting thought... but this is brand new delivered to my house ytd... I am rather surprised they didn't even check it before shipping. It was actually very well packaged, so I don't' think shipping was the reason.

What ? a multi media Bug ?

If the ac plug is not polarized, try turning ac connector 180 degrees; ground reference may change and could either work or unblock.
Did you check your line voltage and load on that particular circuit; and finally are the monitor and pc on the same ground circuit.
Plug and unplug with the power button pressed........
These monitors, all of them have particulars with ground and signal strength ! (IMO)

I just gave that a go... still no luck. I guess the cable is fine since i've tested it on my old monitor.

It was not for the integrity of the cable, but sometimes reversing bring polarity (so to speak) differently to the power supply, most of therm are AC-DC/DC, no transformers, as before, they chop the sine more or less......trust me !
edit 1 = any way you can check the load in ohms on the ac input prongs ?

You are saying that... by letting the current flow in an opposite direction, there are some chance of ..."unclogging" the monitor's circuit? ...sorry if I am not getting this... nevertheless, I have tried plugging it in both ways (trust me, I would try anything at this point)... but nothing happen :( I am having trouble understand how a brand new product can be this... dead.

~___~ you probably figured that I don't have the meter to check the ohms given what I said above... but I wouldn't mind learning how reading ohms result can help me understand what's going on? probably handy to have one of those at home in the future...

on the end of the cord that goes into the monitor, it says it is 100-250v... so I am guessing its electricity intake is fairly standard (same as ps power cord and other monitor cords). thanks for your help

In most instances, you can read a certain resistance X , and we can check on similar models if that reading makes any sense. If it does not, it would most probably mean that the power supply is damaged !
As for receiving equipment with this problem..........I would suspect that, although the box was nice, the package was mishandled at some point, of course good luck proving it !
I sincerely doubt they would purposely ship a dead unit ! they have to take it back at their expense......makes no sense.
This is what we/they call the screen lottery !
edit 1 = for the unclogging, it is very roughly put but yes, it would just start !
edit 2 = others have had monitors that would just shut down after e few minutes or seconds !
edit 3 = as for power, certain devices create a wink in the power level, and sometimes it does not agree with certain devices ( on a different scale , when the lights just blink)

Its the remote control. Power and other menu buttons are on the right side of this monitor. My remote has never worked. I do not know the code to the monitor to be able tp program the remote, and I do not know how to program the remote anyway. I asked WM and I got a broken English reply that showed which buttons did what… NOT how to program it to control the monitor. If someone knows how to program the remote and what the control code is for this monitor, please pass it on. Thx. Hope that helps.