Warhammer 40k: Sanctus Reach - Thread

As a old school Warhammer 40k fan with moderate table-top experience, I was looking replication of that classic experience in a more convenient video game format. With that in mind I picked a copy of Warhammer 40k: Sanctus Reach yesterday… and this game is fun!

I wish the game developers at Slitherine had a bigger budget to afford things like an actual story-line… but the game play mechanics work well enough to make this an enjoyable strategy war game.

The game was released in January of this year, 2017, with two DLC expansions out. It’s on Steam, but if you want to save $5 you can buy it here --> Slitherine Link

The base game comes with a Level Editor and good multiplayer support, which could be fun. After I finish the base campaigns I’ll have to try that out.

Anyone else playing this? Share thoughts and random Warhammer 40k thoughts in the comments.

…I have just been to badly burned by crap wh40k games of the past

But I might give it a go

My ideal wh40k game would be basically xcom + wh40k universe :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, Santus Reach is like a low budget version of that.

Your surviving units can get new stuff and abilities as they gain more experience.

After a few weeks playing I just finished the Sanctus Reach’s beginner Stormclaw Campaign. :grinning: So far this game is a lot of fun!

Between the user created campaigns and the two DLCs, I’ll be playing this game for a long time. Also, Slitherine has a new Warhammer 40k game on the horizon for next year called “Gladius - Relics of War.”