Vmware-player breaking terminal and networking on host (host unresponsive - hard power cycle only)

After some random amount of time, as far as I can tell, my host machine looses network connection and also cannot log into any shell/terminal after vmware-player is launched. Must power cycle to restart.

Any terminal that is open, Terminal, screen, Tabby tab, etc. will allow only one command to run, then the shell never returns a prompt.
If I have a prompt blinking I can type one thing, then that thing will run and show output, but the end of the output is just a blinking cursor and not prompt. Cannot type anything else. No input.
Cannot CTRL-C. Haven’t tried CTRL-Z come to think of it just now.
Well, I can CTRL-C and it does show on the terminal but nothing happens.

Inside the single Windows 10 guest, all seems normal except it cannot see the network either. Programs continue to run.

When everything behind the scenes on the host stops responding, closing or suspending the VM fails. I can stop the VM but the window remains open and cannot be closed. Gnome shows a not responding Wait/Kill choice. Window cannot be killed.
No other windows can be closed.

At this point I can choose to power off or reboot but that does not actually perform the operation other than blanking the screen and freezing the machine. I have to hold the power button to stop and restart.

If I never run the VM, I can successfully restart, or power off the machine from the regular gnome menu or command line.

Background:
System is refurbished, new to me, Dell Precision 5820 Xeon CPU with 192G ram straight from dellrefubished.com. Fresh Garuda with Gnome DE install this week. 500G NVME.

Windows 10 guest is a 400G virtual, 98G on disk VM converted from hardware with VMWare converter software. (VMware-converter-en-6.4.0-21710069.exe)
I allocate 32G RAM and 4 cores to the VM. This is how I setup the player and how I setup the conversion when going from hardware to software.

I can use the system for hours until I run vmware-player. Then after some amount of time, host loses network, cannot open any programs, cannot use a terminal. Cannot Alt-CTRL to plain shell, those are just blinking cursors, no input.

I have bottom(btm) running. Nothing looiks odd. Temps are 36-50C across all processors.

I looked at journalctl but cannot see anything obvious. Boot log just shows time line of machine was running, then it wasn’t like nothing was going on, then booted again. Not really sure what to look for there.

There are a couple network sleep notices around shutdown but I cannot use a terminal to see what’s going on when this is happening.

Any ideas on what this is and how I might troubleshoot or fix?