I have excitedly setup my new Ryzen 3000 series build and began following the guides to setup Looking Glass. I’ve been following the Arch Wiki up to here (Setting_up_an_OVMF-based_guest_VM) but i’ve unfortunately become stuck. No matter what i do when i open virt-manager and go to create a new VM i’m presented with a window that says.
Error: Host does not support any virtualization options"
I’m a bit stumped as everything has been working so far, in a nut shell i’ve done the following:
- Enabled SVM, IOMMU, and SR-IOV in BIOS
- Added my user to kvm and libvirt groups
- Tried running virt-manager as root to see if there is any difference
- Checked kernel modules are loading
- Been able to successfully setup my target pass through GPU with vfio-pci
- Checked CPU reports VM extensions as supported
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this before could this be something specific to Ryzen?
OS: Arch 5.4.10-arch1-1
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
MB: ASUS Prime X570-PRO
GPU (Host): AMD RX570
GPU (Passthrough): NVIDIA 2080 Super
Sound Card: Yes