Viking movies?

I need some recommendations for good viking movies. Vikings are bad ass and I figure if I watch enough viking movies ill start to grow a viking beard that would eventually be far superior to Logan's beard. So ya........ If you've seen a viking movie that was half decent tell me. 

13th warrior and Outlander come to mind immediately

The TV show Vikings was pretty okay too

The Vikings (1958) is a classic

1 Like

How To Train You Dragon! It's good, really!

Thor could work I guess.

Pathfinder I heard wasn't that great but it has vikings.

1 Like

"Valhalla Rising" was pretty good.

viking legend (2004) was pretty good

Valhalla Rising (2009)

Its not a normal movie,lt has a lot of slow moving scenes and very little dialogue.

Its a very good movie tho.Strong performance by Mads Mikkelsen.

Straight from Sweden: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury

There is Vikings the tv show. 

Ya haha I saw a trailer for it in the lounge, I think NonServian posted it. It looks fucking amazing to be frank. I think its the next big thing/ Next super cult movie.

Has anyone seen severed ways? I've heard its kinda boring but there's metal and vikings in it. How bad could it be?

I'd like to echo the vote for Vikings the tv show. I think it's an excellent show, and really enjoyed watching it with my viking-loving friends. It goes really in depth not only into battle tactics and things like that, but the whole culture of the Vikings. One of my favorite shows out there.

Severed Ways: The Norse Discovery of America

It has a black metal soundtrack.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rft9QtIFks

Isn't Beowulf about vikings? 

And I would recommend Ronal the Barbarian, watch this and your beard will grow in no time!

Northmen: A Viking Saga
(It has the lead singer of Amon Amarth in)

Thanks!

The 13th Warrior

And, in 2017 comes one called "The Long Ships", a film over the books called Røde Orm (In danish at least). Which I'm looking very much forward to.

I don't know if they have subtitled the film "Ronja Rövardotter" (Swedish childrens movie), but it is very good too.

Eric the Viking is a Monty Python Viking film - It's not good, but it is funny.
I really enjoyed How to Train Your Dragon too.