Video Ripping from Websites like Putlocker

Is there a program that can rip video from websites like Putlocker, Filenuke, Nowvideo, Movshare, etc? I want a way to download movies directly and Putlocker has almost every movie in high quality. I just need a program to rip the video file somehow. I know Real Player's converter used to be able to, but the functionality seemed to stop a few years ago.

Thanks.

Just don't do it, if you want to watch a movie rent or buy it. With Netflix, Hulu, and other services like them why even do this anymore. 

1 Like

Of course there is!

The only way for open source software users to view videos is either through HTML5, which is not offered by streaming video sites, because of the spyware and stuff with flash they require, or by capturing in mkv format.

So linux users have things like nomnom and youtube-dl, which works with pretty much any flashplayer-based site. It also does away with age limitations that are only valid in the Anglo-American world and other regions that support cultural bigotry.

In Germany, the court has confirmed that watching a stream of even copied content is completely legal. If you can't stream because the system used for streaming is incompatible with real operating systems and only works on consoles or emulators of consoles, and require the use of unsafe software that violates human rights, of course it's also legal to capture that content temporarily to watch it on open source software in a safe and non-human rights violating context.

You can also let youtube-dl perform a format conversion or rip just the audio or the video in any number of formats, including open source formats.

This is legal in quite a few European jurisdictions, not only in Germany. It's also legal in some non-EU jurisdictions like Switzerland. Check your local legal system for the legality of watching streamed content of which an average consumer in good faith can't really tell whether or not the content is streamed with or without proper license.

Fact is that studios provide "official bootlegs" to sites like putlocker to promote content without having to remunerate the creators. It's a well-known marketing tactic used by many US based studios. If those studios don't want to reveal the nature of the use, licensed or unlicensed, to even their contract partners (the creators), then how can it be possible for an average consumer clicking stuff on the Internet to know whether or not the content is made available according to a legal license?

If watching streamed content is legal in your country, go for it (as long of course as you keep the use private and only capture the content temporarily).

Actually you should never pay for media. By its very nature, it will be crammed down your throat at some point and time. So have alittle patience. I only support getting media from the artists themselves. In this day and age its a very plausible method of of collecting your fav stuff.

This is still the wrong way to do it. Think of this very site if it was not for google ads tek syndicate would lose part of its funding, same goes for others like Linus. If you don't want to support the conglomerate fine I absolutely get that, but don't get things illegally, in the end it just hurts your cause. 

No, in the end its hurts the corporate cause that has nothing to do with your cause. We are know how much they care about us. Maybe when they are dying. A point is to be made about illegal download, just skip it. Dont support any corporate endeavor. They dont care about you. your sheep. I find way more value in suppporting artists directly the age of the record company is over. Maybe even the movie or media. I am personally interested in things i like not what i am told i am suppose to like. There is a very rich world out there go explore.

I'm from Australia.

Thanks Zoltan.

Torrenting is not possible where I live and services like Netflix aren't available in my country. So the only way I can watch certain films and shows is through sites like Putlocker. I support film production companies when I purchase content, but since so much content isn't distributed to my country I am forced to view it through the sites aforementioned.

I torrent. I don't mind it. But your reasoning, and your post, make no fucking sense.

Well, not to you but then again you have not be alive that long.

You assume much in that statement.

No, age has nothing to do with it. (You have no idea how old I am, anyway..?) 

Saying that you download files illegally because you don't want to support corporations, but do want to support the artists directly makes no sense. It hurts the artists just as much.

Also, your sentence structure, vocabulary, and spelling made no sense as well. (Example: "have not be alive that long" should be "have not been alive that long", probably a language barrier, but I'm explaining my reasoning.) 

I never said i download anything. I do not. Only stuff the i can purchase directly from the artist or is free to watch. The point i was trying to make anyway is .... torrenting only supports that which is oppressing you and fundamental change in how people consume media is happening. So support the creative people and not a large media company.

Its a much bigger topic than that but that is as straight forward as i can put it.

Just FYI most of those sites never store the actual files there pulled from various servers 

I am for torrenting because it's the only way some people can access content. Media distributors have a responsibility to ensure creative content is available and reasonably accessible to consumers. This is not happening in many countries like Australia. Rather than give in to the oppression and accept that I'd have to pay excessive amounts of money to access media, I choose to torrent and not support the distributors. I do support content creators but not the way in which their content is distributed.

5 year necro with a spam post… way to go! :+1:

not old enough of a necro, still need to know how to rip from putlocker

1 Like

You use the video download tool firefox packs into the browser.

1 Like

ill bump in another 5 years to make sure its still relevant

1 Like

Also how in the hell did you not literally try that tho lol.

Took a necro to get an answer, remove necro rool eemeedeeatelee