Video Game Design 101 YouTube series

Just finished, pretty good man!

1 Like

This being the first video I've watched of him, I'm almost scared to see what he does with them. At the same time, I'm.... Oh, I'm on the weird part of youtube now.

Ugh, time to pull out pitivi and see what I can do. No guarantees that this will actually get somewhere. The only guarantee is that absolutely 0% of the content will be mine.

1 Like

Looks pretty good. Just finished it as well.

One question/advice bit: The video is stuck at 320p for me, is that your upload choice or is this a technical issue? I'm a bit anal about having things in HD.

For YouTube if a video is just uploaded it is displayed in low resolution, and then higher resolutions are shown later on.. I forgot why tho.

It's usually because the video is transcoding to the "youtube-optimized" formats. That said, it's been up for ~17 hours, assuming the video was embedded in the first revision of the post and not edited in at a later time, so you'd assume it would be done transcoding.

1 Like

Recorded, rendered and uploaded at 1080/30...
Should have been buffered in the servers long long time ago. It's 36 minutes video...

Yeah. Could be a client side thing.

Quick question...
Namco Bandai have claimed a video part of a previous video of mine.
Is it possible to use screenshots and not get copyright claimed?
I want to use God Eater as an example. I don't really need video materials. Screenshots are enough for me. But then again, if I have to re-render and re-edit and everything, I rather not even bother..

I am no expert, but I believe if you put up even a screenshot they will claim it.

I am sure they would like the exposure. Just email Bandai and ask if you can use their stuff.

If you have vids with flagged Namco Bandai content on YouTube please get in touch! Include video info/reason for flag so we can take a look!

— J. Kartje ( @JKartje ) December 11, 2013

Don't email that guy because I do not know if he is still with them. But you get what I mean.

Well, it's going to be a nice conversation...
Hey, I want to use your tito as an example of an awful front-loaded wall of text, that is textbook the wrong way to make tutorials.
Sigh...
I will have to find another bad example...

1 Like

Mention the example and let your audience google said example. Or upload the screenshots to [ insert image hosting site here ] and put the link in the video description.

1 Like

I would still shoot them an email. If your lucky they could also let you become a game tester or something and you could help fix the game design before the game even gets released. I think that would be cool.

So you think it would be a bad idea to use screenshots as well...
May be it's really a good idea to just find another game with awful tutorial...

I don't know if using screenshots is bad or not. Just gave you a loophole.

1 Like

Its a great loophole. I doubt youtube will go out and click the link.

1 Like

I think I will just test it... Will upload a couple minutes of God Eater screenshots and will see how the system will react to that.
Last time around the video was copyrighted as soon as the YouTube buffering process ended, so I may never make the video public...

1 Like