VGA to HDMI signal converter?

Hello Level1 forums, I’m currently helping setup some new equipment at an office and ran into a problem. Currently the PC that I’m helping setup is in a different room than the monitor. The current setup has a VGA cable ran through the wall (about 15 feet). However, the company just purchased new monitors that do not accept VGA. Is there any solution to convert the VGA signal to HDMI or Displayport? We’re currently trying to find a solution other than running new wire.

Delock 62668 can do that, you need a female↔female VGA adapter too, and USB-power.

2 Likes

The Athen VGA to digital converter are the only ones which worked reliably for me.

Example:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I will look into this.

I use a CYP SY-293 for VGA to HDMI, 5V powered, and has both Audio in and out analogue 3.5mm and digital optical. However for that use case it may be better for them to run a new digital capable cable rather than convert the VGA signal. There’s also devices that will do HDMI over ethernet I’ve not personally used one of those though.

There’s hdmi to VGA cable converters but I think personally converting between cables will cut down performance in visual and the refresh start .
Give it a try but find another monitor .

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.