Linux noob here looking for help.
I want to do pass through gaming on my desktop because I am tired of how sh!tty using windows is. I have already switched to linux on all my laptops.
- CPU: i7 7700k
- MOBO: z170 Asus pro gaming
- GPU: 2080ti
- RAM: 32G
- Storage: 3 different SSDs
Advice I am looking for:
- Linux distribution with best support for drivers or one that will make this precess for a first timer less of a pain in the a$$
- a guide you have used that successfully lead you to having a working, reliable pass though machine
- how many cores to allocate, maximum amount of ram to allocate to the VM
I have already read through: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/vfio-in-2019-pop-os-how-to-general-guide-though-draft/142287 and https://forum.level1techs.com/t/play-games-in-windows-on-linux-pci-passthrough-quick-guide/108981/117
- any additional advice is very much appreciated
Thanks in advance.