Validating a Used GPU I purchased

I’m buying a used 3090 GPU for a really good price(maybe the price is fair and second hand gpus are just really that cheap now).
How would I want to go about testing if the card is in good working order and wont just crap out on me after a week. I have a short return window, about 48 hours. So is there a way to validate if it is what I bought and also check if it was used for mining? In my situation, How would one load up all 24gb of vram to make sure it doesn’t throw memory errors.
I would like to spend $0 on doing this so I don’t want to buy 3dmark or anything like that. First time posting, so im not sure if this is the right place to post or if a guide for something like this exists already.

Thanks.

Fire up stable diffusion and and crank up the resolution

I think there is also a Nvidia specific utility for testing vram but I’ve never used or downloaded it

If you aren’t familiar with stable diffusion I’d start elsewhere as there’s a lot that can make it not work besides memory errors

1 Like

If AI is too hard maybe running NVEnc transcode will stress out the GPU?

Aida64 also has a you stress test that includes GPUs, and there is a trial version Downloads | AIDA64

OCCT is what I use for GPU verification. It will monitor the GPU stress test live for unseen errors in graphics output as well as has the ability to run error checking passes on the GPU VRAM directly. Free version is all you need. https://www.ocbase.com/

1 Like

OCCT is a very underrated product. Can test most parts inside the computer in many different ways. It’s my go too program for checking if any issues.