USW-KM314 Switch Enable USB Audio & Microphone

I have the USW-KM314 switch. I currently have it connected to both my PC and laptop. Both the PC and laptop are connected to the switch via USB-C β†’ USB-B cables. They are also connected via 3.5 mm cables for audio. They will transmit audio over the USB cable, but only to my USB headphones. I have my speakers connected to the console audio output. The speakers only work when the 3.5mm cables are connected. Am I able to enable USB audio so I no longer need the 3.5mm cables? In theory I should be able to connect the switch via the USB-C β†’ USB-B cable and get audio by plugging the speakers into the USB audio line out (no 3.5 mm required).

When I try to enable USB audio (Ctrl + Ctrl + Alt + A +2) I get the double beep sound meaning an invalid input. This happens when I try to use any of the alt functions. The other functions that just use ctrl work as expected so I’m unsure of what I am doing wrong. I have tried my corsair K70 in both bios and regular mode with no luck. Any advice would be great since I can’t find many posts or videos on this topic.

What is the model of your speakers if your speakers can’t connect to your KVM switch by a USB connector @LeftwardLeek55 is out of luck, meaning he will have to use his 3.5 cables.

Are you holding alt? The command is:
Ctrl + Ctrl + Alt (holding) + A + 2 + (Alt release)

1 Like

I connect my speakers via 3.5 mm cable to the console audio output (A0). They work fine as long as the 3.5mm input cables are connected. I’m trying to see if I can get rid of those cables and use digital audio to the switch and analog from the switch to the speakers

1 Like

Yes. I have it bound to the right control based hotkey via L-Ctrl + L-Ctrl + Alt(Hold) + Right control (release alt). I have tried using R-Ctrl+R-Ctrl+Alt(holding)+A+2+(Alt release) and it gives me the invalid input double beep. I have tried with 2 keyboards and get the same effect

1 Like

Just as an update to this, we fixed this problem it in a different thread.

1 Like