Using SensorsIOT IOStack to install Nextcloud, Pi-hole, Home automation etc for Raspberry Pi 4

Hello folks,

YouTube algorithm showed me this channel. Which let me to this IOStack setup that installs several of the software I want to try and get working. Seems like a great script and interface to get things working without much hassle with ports and minimal effort.

I was wondering if anyone might have experience with this and if you might be able to verify the script is safe.
The video comments seem positive at least.

https://sensorsiot.github.io/IOTstack/Getting-Started/

I think your caution could turn into a learning experience: why don’t you just install everything you need manually? That way you’re gonna learn more about at least on how to configure all those applications.
What I usually do when I’m going blind in projects is just spinning up a new micro SD and just go for it, without spending time to configure the base system. Once I know how to install everything I need I format the SD, get a new OS on it and proceed with configuring the base system and installing “cleanly” all the applications I need.
If you’re gonna just tinker with it (which you should, without fear) don’t even change the default password for it.

2 Likes

Agreed. I totally would if I was younger.

I am just not sure I have time for that now. There’s so much other stuff to do but I still want to DIY host and get away from mainstream alternatives somehow.

Was hoping this IOStack setup thing would help, since configuring all the ports would be such a pain manually.