USB solution for my ModMic

Hi,
I use ModMic microphone for Making YT videos, so sound quality is important.
Recently i have static nosie, due to Motherboard failure, i have new one.

What is best USB solution to plug my ModMic? What Device i can get that will eliminate static noise?
(pluging to Motherboard is pure static)

I have 400$ head phone set and I run in from Aune X1S(dac/amp).
So I i feel is pointles to get soundcard etc... I would much prefere some usb device that will have AUX.
That devie would only run ModMic, because My Aune X1S do grate job with Headphones, and Sound Card sound like waste of money.

Any help much appriciated, English is not my first language so sorry for any typing errors.
If you people can post actual models of stuff i can buy that would be grate or what do you people use with your ModMic?

Cheers and thanks for help.

Sound cards are pretty pointless UNLESS you are doing DAW stuff. A sonudblaster BCaster LIVE is amazing to have then.

Do you have a USB dac? Most DAC's I have seen you can plug in a mic to.

Edit: DAW, NOT DAC, I AM AN IDIOT AAAAA

1 Like

Aremis, I own Aune X1S(DAC+AMP) it does grate job with sound stage and sound reproduction and was desgined minaly for headphones, this is why it does NOT have Mic out.

Link to the Pic of the front of DAC/AMP :

(like you see no mic out)

P.S. What is DAW?

I wish to have something i can plug via usb and feel ModMic through it avoiding static.
Maby Sound Card like you mention is an option, but it feels kind of waste to use it just for mic.
Any way thank you for replay.

Digital Audio Workstation.

Anyhow thats poop D: I dunno the quality levels for USB soundcards TBH. I just have the one that camewith my logitech headsets D'':

1 Like

Any serious DAC is not going to have input capture. Why the heck would it?

I'm not sure what a "YT" video is so I dunno how serious you are about the capture quality or what your budget is. I suspect this might be a bit over budget but I believe what you are looking for is something like this.

http://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-USB

Also, here's a better option if you don't need any live recording...

edit.... AAAAnd a few more....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/M-Audio/Mobile-Pre-USB-Audio-Interface-112060818.gc

YT is YouTube.
And if you are worried about quality that much why mod mic. I get its good for games convo and stuff but you might want to go with a desk mic. That is unless you have a really loud desk presence or keyboard. And then maybe mount it on a lamp arm. I'm sure you can fine a decent usb mic that will save you the headache of Going thur a whole bunch of stuff when you can just get a usb mic

1 Like

This is what you want.

Thanks for replays.
Appriciated.

If i want to spent more on mic recording i just get Audio Technica AT2020 usb mic (that sort out static).
Audio technica is like 100$(80 pound).

I didn't want o go 'mental' with mic recordin...because i don't know yet if my chanel will kick in well. (only 6 subcribers :p)
I was happy with modMic untill chanel will get more serious and then i was thinking about a better mic.

RobDog... for Price of Conventer i manged to get Sound Card...i hope that will solve the problem( i will use it just for mic)
If static will not dissaper i will try your adapter.
In future just better usb mic like AT2020.

Eidolon...i think stuff u send is more for guitar....I do video editing...and my mic it have Jack ;)
Thanks anwyay mate :)

Grate forum btw :)

I've always had problems where I can hear the mouse moving (electronic bzzzp, bzzp, bzzzzzzzp as i move the mouse around) through headphones when using onboard sound cards. So, for years and years I've used USB sound cards like the one TheRobDog linked (a tiny bit nicer, it's called an iMic, not even sure they still make/sell them). Pretty much eliminates interference. I use a modmic from antlion as well, they're great (if I could stop running over the cord).
I tried Creative Soundblaster (something) external. It was nice sound and I liked the amplification, but would randomly disconnect in Linux, so i'm back to my old iMic.

Chibbsy

1 Like

Darkness falls across the land....

1 Like

Doah, yeah, sorry, just signed up today, didn't notice how old it was.

2 Likes

Happens. :P

And welcome. :)

1 Like

I was having a PTSD flashback to this thread @chibbs :D
(I'm the ModMic marketing director)