Usb Roaming Mouse KM Switch monitor question

Hello friends, Looking for some help with my new roaming mouse km switch. I have 2 PCs, one for work, and one for gaming, 3 monitors total. 2 for work pc. 1 for gaming. I’m running into an issue where the km switches between my one monitor for gaming, and just one of my monitors for my work pc. I was hoping to have all three monitors work in series. Im able to switch with hotkeys to be just the 2 work monitors, and back to just the one gaming monitor. Is there any way around this besides buying an ultrawide to consolidate the 2 work monitors into 1?

I have a similar issue, with two dual-monitor systems set up. It would be great if I could configure things to only switch between machines when there’s another machine configured at that particular edge… Unfortunately, if this isn’t something that can be supported I may need to return this item. I had a regular KM switch that was working fine, the mouse roaming function was the reason I bought this. If it’s not supported, it would be great if the product page was clear about that.

Can I get some pics of how your monitors are to help me better understand?

I mean, here’s a general sketch, though the main question I have is whether there is ANY support for extended desktop multiple-monitor systems and mouse roaming. It seems to me that the switch driver is catching every edge of the primary monitor and preventing the cursor from moving beyond that.

Currently? I mean there is only a usb connection. The roaming part here kindof exploits the proliferation of fixed-coordinate input devices (touch screens, mostly but not entirely) to tell the host pc that the “mouse” is really a touch screen… so we dont have to count pixels or estimate where the cursor is kinda thing.

depending on your layout you can actually kinda exploit the fact that you have multiple usb connections to roam so if you didn’t have the monitor on top you could use connection 1 for the first pc and 2 both input 3 for the 2nd PC. which would then roam as you expect without any other changes.

I am looking at software options to deal with oddball monitor layouts though.

1 Like

I actually thought about that, but it still seems to switch to the primary display regardless. Like, I don’t know how I would tell it that hey, THIS USB connection is associated with the monitor on the right, not the one on the left again.

Hi :slight_smile: I just got My KM switch yesterday, thanks.

I have a similar issue here but I didn’t quite follow Wendell’s “fix” explanation.

Here is my layout.

Do I need to have usb cable per monitor ? i.e. if I have 2 USB for PC1 and 1 USB for PC2 then I can roam all monitors?

P.s. Love NOT The News AKA “Links with friends”. Keep up the good work !

Yeah this is a windows thing that’s kinda recent, it assumes that a touch display is display one or something new. bleh. If you make the #1 monitor the primary maybe that fixes it till I can work out something better

Hey Wendell :slight_smile: thanks for the quick reply.

I swapped the Display port cables at the GPU (swapping monitor 1 in windows). But no luck. I still can’t use the “extended displays”, (I can’t scroll left to the vertical monitor).

Yeah . .Windows. Sorry. (Linux for work though if that regains me any respect :wink:

Thanks

I’m in the same boat, have 2 monitors connected to 1 computer but can only use 1 monitor :confused:
Is this something that can be fixed?

You can still use it switching manually. Initially this update broke it, then was fixed, now is broken again

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-kb5003637-breaks-absolute-position/e52872dd-4d2e-46c5-a08b-45d5895fbbb4

Thanks Microsoft. There might be a registry work around but for now with multi display setups the work around is normal switching not roam switching

1 Like

Sorry, before I order the KM switch I would like to ask again whether I have understood correctly. To be able to use three monitors with two computers, do I have to assign 3 ports on the KM? Then the mouse roaming will work? So like in my schematic picture.

tonitom

I think for now assume mouse roaming doesn’t work in dual monitor config. Manual switching works fine ofc.

Am I right in thinking this only affects Windows? I run multiple monitors on a mix of Linux and macOS machines, and was looking at the KM as a solution to switching the Linux machines to Wayland.

Currently using Synergy, but that doesn’t support Wayland, and input leap is still a work in progress.

Thanks!