USB HID over displayport to USB-C? --1.4 Display Port KVM Switch - Single Monitor - Two Computer--

KVM Model:

1.4 Display Port KVM Switch - Single Monitor - Two Computer

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

10 Gigbit

Equipment:

Monitor:

Dell 2721DS

Computers:

Asus ROG Zypherus G15 (uses DP over USB-C)

Mac Book Pro M1 16" (uses DP over USB-C/thunderbolt)

Problem:

Unable to use any of the USB ports on the KVM while using just the display ports with DP to USB-C cables.

Other Notes:

I was recently gifted this KVM switch. The person who gave it to me provided 3 cables.

1. Display Port to Display Port which runs from the monitor to the Switch brand (ITD Intanda)
  2. Warrky Display Port to USB C to run from the switch to one of my PCs
  3. Ivanky DP to USB C to run from the switch to one of my PCs

The person who gave me the KVM said that he was able to run keyboard, mouse and other USB devices using the HID and USB 3.0 ports using just the DP to USB C cables I listed above, and no USB C cable running from the data port to each pc.

I am wondering if its possible the prior owner was using different cables and had this functionality, if so I will just order some new USB-C to DP cables.

Thank you

He is mistaken. Lol

DisplayPort does not support data, only display. Only our USBC KVM has the ability to use display & data in 1 cable. Even then, it would have to be a USBC to USBC.

Some monitors have built in KMs for peripherals, he might have been using something like that, or a dock, but as you described is not possible.