USB cutting out on Display Port 1.4 KVM Switch - Dual Monitor

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I got this recently and things seemed to be working fine, but now my keyboard cuts in and out multiple times a minute. I also have had some issues with my mouse clicks. If I didn’t know any better I’d think the USB doesn’t have enough power. Has a 10K pad, a Drop CTRL keyboard, and a Corsair RGB mouse, and a Schiit Fulla 3 plugged into it. That doesn’t seem like it should overwhelm things.

Came here looking for same awnsers. My KVM was off eBay with it being startech and the reviews seems like you might have the same KVM I have.

Does your shiit fullla cut out too? My Logitech Brio webcam stopped working on windows after few switches from pc to mac (still worked on mac), but fixed that when i disabled power saving for usb in windows.

op post is from march of '21. You might try a powered usb hub and disabling usb power management is a good idea

2 Likes

I may have sorted it. My BIOS was stock from 2018. I’ve done about 4 BIOS updates bringing it to a 2019 version and I’m no longer getting dropouts like I was.

I’ll give it a good testing tomorrow during work and report back.

Update:

Confirmed the BIOS updates I did on my Mobo resolved the issue. Mobo is ASUS ROG Strix X470 F-gaming.

Was on stock 0225, now left it at 4205.

1 Like