USB 3.0 (type A or C) switch that would switch to different computer without too much lag & works in UEFI/bootloader

Any recommendation for a switch that can switch the peripherals to different computers without too much lag or delay (preferably none at all)?

And one that would work in bootloader or BIOS is also a must.

My current switch has a bit of a few second delay to switch computers (slow enough for me to get delayed), and it doesn’t work on bootloader (I use rEFInd) or BIOS.

I just picked up a Level1 KVM and its pretty great

Delay as in input (your pressing a key adds latency? or delay when switching?

I used this with my monitor to make a KVM. I’m able to enter my bios when my keyboard is plugged into my monitor.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09MQ4N8KM?psc=1

Though it looks like it is discontinued : (
If you are looking for something on the cheap you can try ali express (though quality and shipping speed might vary)

KVM is good if you want to switch video and peripherals. Definitely pricey, but you get much better support from L1 in Other Hardware with the #l1kvm tag. In terms of latency it’s good enough to game with and has been used for managing servers

Just wanted to point out we do have USB KMs available as well for significantly less than their video counterparts lol

2 Likes