USB 3.0 Rear I/O Power But No Data

Got a new mobo and just installed it about an hour ago. MSI X99A Gaming 7

4 of the usb 3.0 ports on the back do not work. Power but no data with any devices. Powered a Blue Snowball but didn't recognize it within windows. Powers an external seagate drive but again it isn't recognized. The 2 ports next to the lan work. The 2 usb 3.1 ports work and the 2 usb 2 ports work as well. So do my front panel ports. Confused as to why the rear ports wouldn't provide data connection.

All drivers are current as of right now on the MSI website. Bios is current as well.

Let me know if you need more info

Win 10 home 64bit

Might be a windows 10 then, you might just be missing drivers

where would I go about finding this information? and would that mean that the other 2 usb 3.0 ports are working off a different controller?

wait, if 2 already work then, maybe look for known issues or just e-mail their support, if nothing else you may have to RMA, but it might be a driver thing, just check their website for drivers

you helped jog my brain. when I got the board I remember reading about the asmedia control for the 3.1 and the other 2 ports as well as the usb 2 are controlled through the x99 chipset. The 4 remaining "dead" ports are controlled through the VIA controller which isn't an available driver through windows 10 on the MSI website so it can't find it on the disk either. Have to go back to the win 8 driver on their site to download it and now they work fine. Full connection full speed.

Thank you for your help!

This is an issue with some X99 boards in general.
One of the fixes might be upping VCCio to 1.125V.

edit nvm, it was a driver issue in your case.

But for the people who have boot issues related to USB ports.
read above.
This sometime happens wenn you have allot of usb devices connected.