US Government Agents Directly Involved In Terror plots (entrapment)

@ryan @wendell

*This generally wouldn’t be newsworthy to Level 1 Techs, but it links together so many other government activities which have been covered here.

" It portrays a system that features not just the sting operations but secret evidence, anonymous juries, extensive pretrial detentions and convictions significantly removed from actual plots."

I have always thought that the threat of terrorism has always been blown faaaar out of proportion, but it seems that the US Government has been partaking on fairly serious violations of civil liberties in trying to find terrorist plots.

Also Canada has just been accused of the same thing:

This article is 3 years old

2 Likes

Ah it just came up in my timeline, but I also had intended to include an article on Canada doing the same which is recent. took a few minutes to find it so I could edit it in.

Jumping to some conclusions here maybe, but Canadian policy has always been seemed to be heavy handedly asked for by the US government. It would not surprise me if it were still a problem in the US.

Not sure what part of this is tech policy and news but I’ll just sit here and eat candy.

3BlRPDj

1 Like

Tech Policy and News has become “politics but don’t let the mods find out”

1 Like

liberties and tech have become intertwined over the years. I’m sure you have noticed.

Not saying the article brings up tech directly or indirectly.

1. No Religious or Political Content
    Religious and political discussions frequently become divisive arguments and are outside the scope of this forum. Discussion of tech policy or tech law is acceptable.

What is Tech Policy and News

Place to discuss Policy that affects Technology.

If your thread is just general news just about technology ie Hardware, CPU, Software, etc please place those in the appropriate category on the forum.

Examples of what is okay to post in this area : Net Neutrality; Government Policy concerning privacy, piracy, etc, Title II companies action concerning the internet, DRM on the internet, etc.

This thread falls outside the scope of news about policy that affects technology. This Thread is locked.

3 Likes