Urgent Help Required!

Basically, I was having trouble with my speaker on my iPhone. It fixed itself after reconnecting my phone to my dock/speaker but all of a sudden it just stopped working. I looked online and a tip on a website was to reset all settings on the phone. I decided to do this as nothing else had provided a fix. When I did this the phone seemed to complete the reset fine but then it came to the Apple logo screen. It's the same as if you were powering your iPhone on after it had ran out of charge then been charged up again. It's been stuck there for at minimal 20 hours. My PC recognizes the iPhone is connected but iTunes has changed so either a) I cannot find it in the new iTunes or b) iTunes is not recognizing it. Every now and then the phone will flicker from this Apple logo screen to a blank screen then back to the Apple logo screen. It seems to disconnect from the PC even though it is plugged in.

Specs:

iPhone 4s 16GB version (I think)

Black

ANY CONTRIBUTIONS OF RELEVANCE TO THE THREAD ARE APPRECIATED

Hold down the on/off button and the home button for like 30 seconds until the screen turns off. Then turn it back on and see what happens

Wow I just had to deal with this today on my 4s. After several attempts at the Power/home button fix (make sure you have itunes open and your phone is connected) I finally got itunes to recognize the phone. After several more times I finally got itunes to restore the phone. It loaded iOS 8 onto it. Phew, wait now my wifi is greyed out and disabled WTF! Found a fix video Thank You youtube. For 15 minutes I used a hairdryer pointed at the top speaker area to overheat my iphone to force it to go into thermal mode and then put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Holy shit my wifi works now. This is the 3rd time I have had to debrick my iphone last time I had to jailbreak it to fix it. I never have dropped it and its been crap since day 1. Im not a phone whore since im always by a pc but am really disappointed with this phone's performance its extremely choppy when scrolling and i thought thats where apple had its edge. I think its a dud. Tried to claim it and the deductible was $190 no thanks Republic Wireless here I come.