UPS for freenas

Howdy fellow humans :slight_smile:

Since major renovations are coming in the near future in the apartment complex I live in, I think it’ll be a good idea to get a UPS for my freenas box. The circuit breakers for my apartment isn’t even inside my apartment. And who knows what might happen when the contractors begin working…

So, I need a UPS, preferably one with pure sinvewave output, and which freenas has drivers for, so it can shut down gracefully in case of power outage.

From what my googling of the freenas forums shows, APC seems to be the most recommendated.
So I found APC’s BR1600SI. Pure sinewave, enough power to support my nas. But I haven’t been able to determine if freenas supports it, or it the model supports NUT ?
https://www.apc.com/shop/dk/en/products/Back-UPS-Pro-BR-1600VA-Sinewave-8-Outlets-AVR-LCD-interface/P-BR1600SI

I can get from my local and preferred hardware dealer for ~400 euros.
Does anyone know if all APC’s ups are supported by freenas?
But, it some of you know of a modell that you know works, I’d like to hear about it. My max price is 500 euros.

Input is very appreciated :slight_smile:

I’ve been using a CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System since 2015. It works pretty well. FreeNAS has the appropriate driver but the easiest thing to do is look through the driver list in UPS settings. Then you can find the one you can get the best deal on. I’ve been thinking about getting a new model to mount in the rack instead this one since I bought it before I moved everything into a server rack.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.