Upgrading Wireless APs To 802.11ax

I am upgrading my home network, and am looking for 802.11ax APs. I wanted to go with Ubiquiti, as I am already using a 12 port PoE EdgeRouter from the, but alas they have not even released a statement concerning 802.11ax. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of the brand EnGenius for APs? I found the EnGenius Neutron EWS377AP Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) 4x4 Managed Indoor Wireless Access Point Features OFDMA, MU-MIMO, and consumes Less Power with Maximum speeds to 3.5 Gbps on Amazon for $292. I have never heard of this brand, and am just trying to do my due diligence since it is so expensive.

Yeah, I replaced my EnGenius 802.11n WAPs with Ubiquiti 802.11ac access points. I still have a few “N-only” devices and I can tell you that the signal penetration through interior walls was abysmal with the EnGenius WAPs and Ubiquiti absolutely blows 'em out of the water in this respect. EnGenius builds OK consumer grade stuff and they even supported their hardware with a few firmware updates. They just aren’t anywhere near in the same league as Ubiquiti, IMHO.

Can I ask, why? 802.11ax is really only useful in high density deployments.

I wanted to ask this too, ax is also so damn new (consumer market) that practically nothing uses it currently. A decent long term mesh/AC network would probably last him the next 4~6 years before needing replacement.

I highly recommend against the upgrade. Contrary to popular belief the standard is not officially ratified… (Source: I literally am part of the IEEE lol; comms engineer by trade)

Now my primary issue with it is much like Wireless AC you have drafts, 1.0 draft 2.0 and 2.0 of the revisions most of the time. Ubiquity obviously never releases draft because theres no point to being on everyones special snowflake version of the draft.

You also have a home network. There is a literally zero throughput improvement in this case. It only matters when you start pushing 150+ clients. Stick with UBQT AC access points… youll be satisfied… they will work flawlessly and wait for your next wifi upgrade when the mmwave stuff comes out

Also this guy has a ton of experience listen to him about that kind of stuff