Upgrading my Motherboard

hi im planning to upgrade my motherboard very soon i am planning to do crossfire anyway this is the motherboard im looking at

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130790&cm_re=motherboard-_-13-130-790-_-Product

my problem is i am not sure if the gpu can go over the sata ports on the motherboard and please let me know if you recommend any other motherboards for a 2 way crossfire.

oh and i have never change a motherboard before is there any drivers i will have to uninstall? whats the best way to do so?

Yes the gpu´s go over the sata ports on the mobo. Atleast with my Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 i didn´t have any issues with my gpu and the sata ports.

Basicly the Msi 970A gaming is a nice board. it can do crossfire at 8x gen2 speeds. If you prefer 16X gen 2 speeds for your crossfire, then you need to buy a 990FX chipsetboard. Further the only con that the Msi 970 Gaming has, is that the vrm's and mosfets run a littlebit hot, wenn you wanne overclock a FX 8 core, passed 4.5 Ghz. But still the board seem the handle 4.7 GHz on a FX8350 totaly fine.

If you realy wanne overclock the max out of a FX 8 core cpu, or you wanne use one of the FX9xxx series, then i would recommend a better board.

Better overclocking boards, or board for a FX9xxx serie cpu:

1. Asus crosshair V Formula Z 8+2 powerphase digi vrm
  2. Asrock 990Fx Extreme 9 12+2 powerphase digi vrm
  3. Asus 990FX Sabertooth R2.0 8+2 powerphase digi vrm
  4. Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 6+2 powerphase digi vrm.

even if the GPU goes over the stat ports, they are at a 90degree angle and got a few mm space , so no cable should hit against the GPU in a matther that would be preventing it to go in the Stata port

as for the mobo swap, do a basic backup of the files  from the win partition, make sure to unplug the wall socket and discharge the PSU and ground your self by touching something like a water pipe, radiator...ect before  doing anything.

the power cables heave a latch on the 24pin and  4/8 pin socket on the mobo, some gentle jerking and it should be fine :)