Upgrades

Well if you just want a highly functional case the HAF XB EVO can't be beat, video is old version, new one just has more 3.5" drives built in

If you want to go 4k in the future a 390 is the better bet it can even run games like dota and CS:GO at highly playable frame rates at 4k, and it has 8gbs of VRAM for crossfire

Sorry not a big fan of that style of case I prefer a tower.

The only draw back I see to the 390x is if I run 2 of them I am going to need the 1000i PSU

Well my new CPU showed up today. I bench tested everything booted right up. Tore it down and installed in my case, and when I press the power button rather than booting I get a FIRE. Rosewill is now claiming my system is over the amp limit of the PSU and its not under warranty.

THIS BLOWS.

Don't worry to much the math is on my side showing my system closer to 43-45 amps rather than above the 62.5 amps on the PSU.

So I am order my new parts list today or tomorrow but still have one question. Is upgrading to a i7 1150 socket worth it at this point or should I just old out to build a new rig? I want to start trying my hand at some video editing and audio work. Would my i5 completely kill my speed in rendering 1080p or even 4K video? or is what I currently have enough for the time being to allow me to start some video production?