Upgrade Advice (just purchased dual 1440p monitors)

I just upgraded my monitors and now my machine is feeling inadequate.

Here's my setup:

Monitor: 2x Crossover 27Q at 2560x1440 (requires Dual Link DVI)

OS: Windows 7 64bit, but I might upgrade to Windows 8 or Server 2012

Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD70

CPU: AMD FX-8120 overclocked to 4.2GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600

GPU1: Sapphire Radeon 6850

GPU2: Gigabyte Radeon 6450

HD: 120GB Vertex 3 SSD & 4x 2TB SATA (software raid 10)

PS: 750W Antec EA750, but I have a spare 1000W RaidMax if needed.

When gaming at 2560x1440 on the Radeon 6850 it's unplayable unless I turn a lot of visual settings down.  Lately I'm playing Xonitic, but I like to play other stuff ocasionally.  I'd really like it if I could purchase a single ATi card with 2x Dual Link DVI ports, but I don't think such a card exists.  If I run crossfire can I have one monitor on each card?  Can I run dual Radeon 6950s without crossfire?  I'm happy to game on a single display but still need dual displays for doing work.  I don't mind purchasing a new MB, CPU, or anything else.  Budget is unlimited, but my tolerance for an unsable system is zero.  This system needs to run 24x7.

Thanks in advance.

If the budget is unlimited, then GTX Titan SLI is the way to go. If you want to stick with ATI, then I suppose 6GB 7970 SLI (6GB per card) would be great; the equivalent to a Titan and a half. The 6GB, however, will really help with the resolution. The Sapphire 7970 6GB has 2x Dual Link DVI, so you could run both monitors. The Titan does, as well.

Dont your monitors support HDMi or display port?

If noy you must use active adapter.

And you better say some cash limit, people have vivid imagination...

And no you cannot conect two monitors on each card in CF (i mean you can but it wont work)

I guess I should say budget is unlimited, but price is a decision factor.  The Sapphire 7970 6GB sounds perfect, but the one I see on newegg says it has 1 DL and 1 SL DVI.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202005

would the 7970 bottleneck on an fx-8120?  Would an fx-8350 be wort it or should I wait for steamroller/haswell?

There is no way that will bottleneck; unless you were trying to run 4-way SLI Titan on a Core 2 Duo, you won't have bottlenecking. Are you going with 7970 6GB CF, or just single?