Updating my honor 5x (again)

well shit I may have bricked it. It looked like it was succesfully flashing the new file and then it rebooted into Huawei eRecovery. It then tells me to download the newest packages over wifi. It fails to do that though I think it might be because when it connects to my wifi it doesn't ask me for the password so I don't know how it's getting out to the servers.

Crap

eRecovery, so TWRP is gone?

Try opening up your Wifi and see if it connects then. If it does, keep an eye on your network so you can kick anyone who tries to abuse your open network.

yeah i'm pretty sure twrp is gone because all it will boot into now is this huawei erecovery and I did try making an open guest network and it still didn't work

Back to the manual then, there's a forced update method for when it really doesn't want to boot. Lemme chack real quick.

EDIT : same location for the update package, so that's already ok.

"With the phone turned off, press the Volume UP and Volume DOWN key, then press the POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade Mode."

I think they mean you need to press both volume buttons at the same time, then press the power button as well.

nope I can't get it to do anything besides huawei erecovery

Perhaps this may help you, same situation apparently

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/672417-honor-5x-hangs-when-rebooting-after-emui-upgrade.html

ok I didn't realize that you hold volume up and down and power and then when you let go of power you still hold down the other 2 so it's installing now update soon

If it still fails, post 7 in the link above seems to be the answer.
The guy kept trying to re-flash the TWRP recovery until it actually installed, and then put a Cyanogenmod ROM (probably an older version, there is an Android 5.1 CM12 ROM for the 5x).

ok it worked I now have a stock version of android 6 installed finally. I'm pretty sure twrp is gone but I haven't checked yet. I don't know if I want to bother with cyanogenmod anymore after all that struggle I just went through but if you recommend that I do I will. I enjoy a challenge anyways thank you for all the help you did give a lot of it definitely more than I thought you would.

Also the strange thing is I thought I wiped everything but it pulled down my old background from somewhere and it's attempting to install all the apps I had previously installed

You're updated, and unless I'm very much mistaken that was all that we tried to achieve.
No need for Cyanogenmod, I only suggested it thinking that it was the easier path for a phone that was already rooted. Flashing firmware is always a tricky thing.

If it's installing everything again, don't ask why and just let it happen. ;-)