Update for proxmox servers rebooting

Relating to the above thread - we finally got around to updating all of our proxmox nodes to 7.4 - They had been running a 6.something (not the latest)

No reboots at all on any nodes. They have all been currently up 100 days, knock on wood. (very happy)

So it seems like maybe whatever interim 6.somthing install I was using (because I was afraid to update) was causing the issue. I had to first update to the latest 6.4 - which I think solved the problem… (we had to jump through hoops setting up proxmox-boot-tool and such)

If I stressed the system - doing backups or new replications - you could almost guarantee that it would reboot over the next day or 2… That ended after getting to the latest 6.4 and then stayed stable after going to 7.4. Over all - the upgrade was painless - very happy with proxmox.

sam

2 Likes

Side note… I bought some newer (to me) servers Dell 730xd/740xd… I found a guy on ebay that was selling reflashed Dell HBA330 mini monolithic controllers with HBA330 IT firmware. (so I could run them in hba mode…) I have used them before on older dells… Well - it would randomly drop a drive maybe every month or so. Drive seemed fine. Did a bit more research and found the original raid cards that came with it had an HBA setting with the latest firmware. ( H730P)

Switched back to the H730P raid controller and switched them to HBA mode. Not only have I not had any drop outs - they are quite a bit faster.

sam

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.