UPDATE: Fixing a TV That Won't Display an Image but still has backlight bleed and Plays Audio

Was watching stuff on this TV and the image just died all of a sudden. Audio still played, backlight bleed was still there, but no image.

I took it apart to see if anything was very obviously fried. Nothing apparent.

Started googling what each board did and found this video on how to troubleshoot a TV.

If the orange/brown power board works then the backlight should be visible; it is.

If the Audio plays and the screen doesn't display an image then the board with all the audio jacks (mainboard?) works.

That leaves the board at the top. The T-con board. The one shown below.

I couldn't find any tutorials on how to fix the board itself so I guess I have to replace it.

The video says to check the model number of the TV and google for a T-con board for your model.

I found a few different ones for sale.

This is the closest one I could find:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-UN32EH5000F-T-Con-Board-BN97-06992A-/262030022473

I'll update when it comes in.

So, anyone else have any experience with fixing TVs?

Not since the 90's.

I watch This Guy on youtube a lot, EEVBlog. He has a video for just about every kind of component you can imagine, maybe you can find a video that will help.

Edit: Forgot to mention he also has pretty active forums, so that might be a good place to ask as well.

1 Like

Just got the new T-con board in.

$25

It fucking works.

Niiice!