If I run into a situation where ZFS has checksum errors on the data-drive when resilvering, how do I address it?
Theoretical Situation: 2-drive mirrors. One drive goes bad, hot-spare hops in and starts resilvering.
- If it notices checksum errors on the one drive, then what?
- That data is corrupt right?
- How will I know?
- Is it logged anywhere?
- How do I go about fixing it with backup data?
- It’s a “block” that’s bad, so how can I replace a block?
- Is there a way to know which files were associated with that bad block?
I wanna know what I should do when disaster strikes because if it’s too much trouble, I might go with 3-drive mirrors instead.