Unofficial L1T Community LAN Event: Vote for Your State!

You’re getting corn fields whether you like it or not tsk.

6 Likes

Make an european poll…

1 Like

I was discussing with some other members and we agreed that the gang doesn’t like crowds, so there may never be an official LAN even, let alone the cost. Unofficial can be done cheaper I feel.

European l1 lan on Hawaii?

Sounds good.

2 Likes

Yes, I really need someone to make a European poll

2 Likes

For someone in Minnesota I am looking at Kansas or Missouri.

1 Like

That thread is very dead.

2 Likes

Yeah, someone should start a new one with a poll

Ah that is why KANSAS is getting more votes.

And I thought that EU will qualify as a state. Dang it! :grin:

2 Likes

I went to LanSyndicate since I lived just 2 hours away from Washington.

Talking with a lot of people, we were feeling that it may be easier in the future to meet up in the MidWest since it is easier for fans out of the US to get there.

1 Like

Kansas City would be perfect.

1 Like

I missed out on lan syndicate would love to make it to this one.

1 Like

How would you guys fund this?

1 Like

We haven’t discussed the specifics, but it would be a ticket. Hopefully we can keep the ticket price low. This is just a feeler, we don’t have a venue selected or anything.

1 Like

Now we decide City. Kansas has the majority of the votes, but I’ll stick in some other relatively near by cities as options.

• Kansas City
  • St. Louis
  • Austin
  • Denver

0 voters

dadmindev is near Austin I think. He might be able to advise. And He’d probably be interested in going.

1 Like

I lived in Austin for 6 years. Flights can be cheap because it’s a JetBlue hub, but generally things are more expensive there than in other Texas cities (space to rent, catering, etc). Also, rush hour traffic is terrible because I35 has never been expanded despite the population growing enormously.

I did like living there (9+ years ago). Lots of tech.

Oh and it’s very liberal.

2 Likes

Everyone really should consider a fun tech holiday in my home state of Hawaii…

2 Likes