Unifi Protect on Raspberry Pi 4B (8GB Model)

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

Recently, we setup a Unifi camera system at home, and I commissioned an old server to use as the Unifi Video controller for it, however, as of the end of 2020, Ubiquity ended support for Unifi Video, and because of this, you can’t view the cameras off of the network without using a VPN, which is a problem.

I’ve found a reddit post from about a year ago from u/SubBass100, where he was able to get it running on a Nvidia Jetson Nano, and someone else was able to get it installed on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Ubuntu (what I’m currently running).

After adding the keyserver and the repository, when I try installing Unifi Protect, I get the following error:

unifi-protect : Depends nodejs (< 9.0) but 12.18.2~dfsg-1ubuntu2 is to be installed or
                        nsolid-carbon but it is not installable
              : Depends postgresql (<= 10.5) but 12+216 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I have the latest versions of nodejs and postgresql client installed, but I still get this error.

Here is u/SubBass100’s writeup on the installation.

Thanks in advance for any help that I get. I will do my best to answer any questions that come up.

Depends nodejs ( < 9.0 ) means that you have to have older version, not newer. :neutral_face:

Same on postgresql.