Undervolting help

Hi so I had a Mercury white Razer blade with the i7 9750h that threw blue screens everytime I undervolted past -130mV so I swapped it in and got the black version of the same model and tried undervolting it. While the white one couldn’t go past -130mV the black one I got seems unnaturally good. I’ve pushed it and stress tested by -5mV increments and I’m already at -189.5mV with no stability issues. I’ve stopped here and have been running Aida 64 for 24 hours with no issues. Does this seem like too low of an undervolt for it to be stable?

Thats pretty good but not too crazy. My 8750h is happy at -145mv which is pretty typical. I dont know if theres much difference at all for the 9k series. Beyond stress testing, you should benchmark too. It could be that while you arent unstable, you are killing some performance.

I’ve run cinebench with the -189.5 and it’s my highest score yet.

1 Like

then keep going. maybe you scored a real winner. Theres no real downside to underclocking other than instability when you go to far.

1 Like

Lol here’s hoping

1 Like

That’s an amazing undervolt, wow. My 4790K @4.4GHz only undervolted -115mV.
You made me courious to know the temperature jump you had undervolting your CPU. If it’s not too OT I’d like to know the temp difference. Good luck on your adventure!

My old 4710hq would only go -45mv. It was rough.

Stock during Aida 64 I was getting maybe 80-85 ° C with it at -189.5 I’m at 68°C after running it for a few hours ambient temperature is 22.778°C (73°F) according to the thermometer

2 Likes

Quick update I’ve tried pushing as far as I could and finally got some instability at -224.6mV(screen flicker when benchmark ended)

I wasn’t able to reach the 2559 in cinebench I achieved earlier even at the same -189.5mV but that could be due to a bunch of factors. I put it at -214.8 and am now running Aida 64, I’ll keep you guys updated on how it goes!!

1 Like

the golden example, good thing you swapped.

Max temp after 30 mins of Aida 64 has been 64°C at the same ambient temperature

shit, my old haswell used to idle at that.

I missed the Mercury White one because I loved the silver color but this more than makes up for it!

Edit temps seem to have stabilized at 63°C- 65° C

Final update

After running Aida 64 at -214.8mV for ~20 hours the max temp recorded was 71° C, max clock was 4092 MHz but was at 3500 MHz constantly during the stress test ( I don’t know if this is good or bad?), idle temperature is 55° C( is this high?), and so far no stability issues so far. Thanks for the help guys!!