Ultrawide Monitors Mega Thread!

Yee, HardwareCanucks also uploaded their review of the monitor too.

2 Likes

My double LG setup
IMG_20170804_183810964
LG 25UM56-P on the left and an LG 29UM69G-B for my main. Absolute bliss

3 Likes

@bedHedd @Calidrius

I thought the HC review was pretty bad. No sRGB testing at all, and at about 9 minutes the monitor review turns into a Vega review for no reason. The LTT review was a little better, but they’ve gotten really bad at making the viewer pause to look at any information IMO. Also tons of talk about the Massdrop video and less about performance.

I was really hoping that L1T could get their hands on one of these as I really like the reviews @wendell does on displays.

Given that I don’t keep my current IPS display at full brightness and that the color is supposedly good (as best I can tell from LTT) I might pick one up on the next go-round. I have been itching for a 34-ish UW, the 29 is just starting to feel small.

1 Like

Here’s one more review, but I never heard of this guy before and he doesn’t go into much depth. He’s very positive on it though…

I find it interesting to note that ever single reviewer has complained about the controls (you need to press left/right on the joystick to go up/down in menus, etc), but Massdrop has been claiming this is a known issue in the preproduction units that will be fixed for the final shipping version. They’ve also claimed that they told all the reviewers this yet none of them mentioned this fact in their reviews…odd.

1 Like

I’ve watched a few of his videos before, but didn’t know he got one until now. Plus Massdrop hasn’t got his video up front like the other two, also odd.

If we can find MD talking about this before all the reviews came up then I’ll believe them. Because this isn’t the first time a MD product would have some sort of quality issue and MD would respond as if it’s not their problem.

Tom’s Hardware got one too, apparently:

is this any good?
https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16824011162
really considering getting this
Or should I wait until black friday?

How is it doing? I am really considering it as a second monitor to help with “workflow” while my standard 16:9 will be the “gaming” monitor…

Its quite a good monitor especially for the price. I really like it

Well it’s not an ultrawide, for one thing :wink:

That said, looks nice enough. VA panel so it isn’t going to be as rich as an IPS but if you really want that 144Hz it’s going to be the nicest in that price range I believe. Waiting is always a toss-up. Something better may come along, or not. I wish Acer listed the Freesync range on their product page but I can’t find it if they do.

1 Like

My brain is weird, for some reason it saw curved and immediately thought ultra wide.

Does anyone else see a vesa mount, because it says there is one in the item description, but I can’t see it in the images?

This page says no: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/08c8eb4

Interestingly the refresh rate specs suggest the Freesync could be 48-144Hz which would be pretty astounding.

Thanks to the timely upload by @wendell this is a pretty sweet deal… and real hard not to jump on: https://www.ebay.com/itm/332392896348