(UK) 8TB Ironwolfs going for £150 on A m a z o n (warning, tangents)

Regarding price: For example I see Exos SATA 20TB listed for 387 CHF while Ironwolf Pro SATA 20TB is listed for 538 CHF in my local online shop (Exos SAS 3.0 20TB - 430 CHF btw).
So far I’ve never brought a hard drive to a rescue service. I’d rather would want to have backup available.
The Ironwolf Pro has limited guarantee for 5 years, but the free data recovery plan is only valid for 3 years.

I bought a bunch of Exos drives and am wondering if I missed some important point.
Or is this just milking the consumer?

afaik the exos drives are better, the way they record stuff is better too instead of the SMR thing but don’t quote me on that! maybe for you the prices are different but the prices i can see favor ironwolf (out of stock in most places in australia, so US prices below) are:

$229.79 for 10tb IWP and $244.99 for Exos

as for anything a bit bigger well, at least here in Australia, things get pricey quick! thats why sales are bae :smiling_face:

Screenshot from 2022-10-21 13-21-39

Screenshot from 2022-10-21 13-26-46

I guess they justify the higher price in Australia due to the fact that Australia is surrounded by water (as if stuff isn’t shipped to Europe via container ships as well) :wink:

1 Like

I do agree, exos are better than desktop drives. And for same price/ cheaper then especially good deal on paper

I think from memory the smaller capacity Ironwolfs are way cheaper than exos, and they might be a lot quieter too. @gysi

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.