UEVR - Unreal Engine Virtual Reality mod

UEVR - Unreal Engine Virtual Reality mod

(the link is version 1.0 but it updated to v1.02)

Rai Pal Launcher

Info Spreadsheet. - Praydog the Modder tested 677 games to rate compatibility with the mod.

The mod will inject VR into most games using Unreal Engine 4 & 5.
So far I have only tried Back 4 Blood in VR (because it’s my favorite, most hours game).
It is epic. I had to turn down my graphics quality to get a better frame rate in VR. But the sense of being surrounded by a zombie horde is a lot scarier than shooting at them through a Window

Took me a while to set up because I found I had to launch things in a specific order. The trouble I had was I kept having multiple copies of all the apps at the same time. I had to use Task Manager to shut down those apps.

• Run everything as Admin.
  • Run the UEVR mod once to change your settings.
    Mainly OpenVR for Valve Index or OpenXR for everything else.
    Close the mod.
  • Load The Rai Pal launcher > Select your game.
  • UEVR and click the Run 1.02 button
  • the UEVR mod will pop-up > Which runs the injector- Click Inject.
  • Injector will say waiting for application.exe.
  • Then I go into Steam VR with my headset and launch the game from there with the wand.

Always re-center the VR view Before starting the game.
Any changes to the game config and the game will crash and restart with the changes.

Enjoy the UEVR mod!

Tell us if it works for you?
And what Unreal Engine games to you want to play in VR?

1 Like

TL:DR - A one size fits all mod isn’t as good as a made for the purpose mod.

I have been using UEVR for 3 weeks. Sometimes it works. First I narrowed his spread sheet of over 600 games tested, to the dozen I have. Mostly I tried Back 4 Blood and MechWarrior 5.

Back 4 Blood worked in an odd mode where I was still in the Steam VR Home room, looking at a huge virtual TV. The TV was in VR but I could still see the VR room around it. B4B would play for an hour then crash.

MechWarrior5 worked at first, then a week later I couldn’t get it to work again, after hours of trying. I uninstalled, deleted all files and started over with the VRWarrior mod. VRWarrior just worked after following the instructions and looked better than UEVR.

I have purged all traces of UEVR and RaiPal. They aren’t really compatible with any games I own.

Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Absolutely if there’s a dedicated VR mod, this isn’t the intended use case and it’s almost certainly going to be better than UEVR. I don’t think the UEVR devs would disagree with that either.

That said, I am really impressed by how well this thing works compared to my expectations. I have barely used it, just one indie early access game, but it is true VR and pretty much flawless. The fact that it can integrate motion controls into games that weren’t designed for it is massive. Still, I don’t see myself using that much, if any, because there’s no avoiding the fact that it’s going to be “hacky” if the game wasn’t designed from the ground up for VR. But if you’re a huge fan of all things VR and want to experience your favorite games that way, this works for a lot of them with little fuss. Mouse and keyboard is fully functional, and HUDs are preserved, so you can play them normally with just a 3d view. Biggest hurdle in that case is you can’t see your controls, so finding them again if you need to move your hands is non-trivial. Advanced users with the right hardware can probably set up passthroughs to get around that if they want.

1 Like

VR Control Tip:

I have been using the Luke Ross VR mod for Cyberpunk 2077. It is strictly mouse & keyboard (for me) or controller. I am also into Radio Control cars. I put small pieces of double stick servo tape on the W, X & I keys. They stick up like Braille so I can find my hand placement on the keyboard, while blind in the headset. I made the W bump sticky rubber exposed and X is shiny, so I can feel the difference with my fingertips.