Ubuntu crashed and burned after an update last night and now I can't seem to recover my ZFS pool

So last night my system alerted me to some updates and I went ahead and clicked ok… I rebooted after that was finished and was welcomed with a gray screen saying htere was a problem and my computer was unable to boot. I spent the night getting my system back to an operating state and am now at hte point where I am trying to get my ZFS pool imported and operating. This is where the fun starts.

jason@LinuxBox:~$ sudo zpool import -a
cannot import 'Tank': pool was previously in use from another system.
Last accessed by LinuxBox (hostid=68bf4e0e) at Sat Apr  6 00:27:22 2024
The pool can be imported, use 'zpool import -f' to import the pool.
jason@LinuxBox:~$ sudo zpool import -f
   pool: Tank
     id: 8784965986062576269
  state: ONLINE
 action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier and
        the '-f' flag.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
 config:

Tank                        ONLINE
          raidz1-0                  ONLINE
            wwn-0x500a0751e6d7c60a  ONLINE
            wwn-0x500a0751e6d5f0ed  ONLINE
            wwn-0x500a0751e6d9dd98  ONLINE

everything is the same except the OS is Kubuntu 22.04.4 LTS instead of Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS because that’s what I had on the flash drive. Yes, I only have one because the rest seem to have walked away somehow… Anyway, I didn’t think it would matter and I wanted to try Kubuntu anyway, but right now the ZFS pool is more important. At this point the command line says it’s online, but I can’t find it anywhere, I can’t see it anywhere and “zpool list” says there are no pools available.

Where do I go from here?

1 Like

Read the action section?

In did, and then I did what it said.

did you

sudo zpool import -f Tank

not meaning to be a asshat, just a sanity check is all

3 Likes

You wanted to highlight Tank :wink:

1 Like

dangit, I even got the wrong command…

and the highlight, was built in / automated / part of the codeblock logic or whatever

I did not… ha, I will do that now.

edit: That worked. Thank you. I missed that after being up all night. Tiredness, that’s my excuse.

4 Likes