Ubuntu 19.10 + flavors

Yeah, 30 does too, if you can get it with another Kernel Version. It’s just the main Worstation ISO that’s a Problem atm. But i’m not in a mood to go Beta or spend much time getting a specific version to work.
31 Release is a week or so off, so i’ll just wait for that. But really, so far ubuntu has been great. Might just stay on it

What?

tenor

Used to feel that way. Until Debian threw so many shit at me I lost it and gave up.

Ubuntu is kinda like the compatibility king on penguin lands.

Is this beta panning out to be good? Are there any new tools worth throwing an inst’ll together?

Answering to a question with arbitrary gif isn’t really helping others to understand your point.

A lot of people are giving the experience 10/10.

Some are saying it’s the best version of Ubuntu + the best iteration of Gnome.

ZFS on root (limited to a single drive, as I’ve read it) and a newer version of Gnome.

Can i get a short refresher on why i’d want zfs on a single drive? For me, ZFS was always that “nice RAID alternative” on FreeNAS and such. Any major benefits over just doing a “normal” partition on a single drive?

Depending on who you speak to, you don’t want it on just one drive lol.

I should have clarified that – You can add more drives to the pool post install. It’s just during install that you can only select one drive. Compared to something like FreeBSD where I can select as many drives as I want.

Is the newer version of gnome still crap?

No.

It’s getting better but i still prefer plasma for better smoothness and hidpi support.

With or without fractional scaling fonts end up either ugly or blurry on gnome using Firefox.

As for the smoothness part it feels like gnome is not running on 60hz it’s hard to describe, especially noticeable with Firefox.

This is with a RVII and 3800x and x570 mobo. And Fedora so maybe it’s a Fedora thing but traditionally Fedora is a bit snapper afaik.