U.2 to PCI-E Carrier Card for Intel P5800X

Can someone please recommend (w/ a hyperlink) some carrier cards for the optane p5800x. I don’t want to buy the wrong one and have performance issues since the cost of the drive and performance deserves nothing but the best.

Thanks.

You still could have issues depending on the mobo / slot with a card that worked for someone else. @wendell did you use a carrier card with yours?

Not the format you want but seems like its still a just buy a few type of situation.

I am using it on the Asus WRX80 Sage m/b in the 6th slot. Ya, not sure exactly which one Wendell used?

I would assume closer to the cpu the better

1 Like

Interesting, why say that? I mean logically the closer the better but does it make a difference electrically?

Its a shorter run with less chances for interference so cleaner signal thus higher chance to negotiate to 4.0 even with a crappier sled.

Interesting. Wonder if Wendell sees this post and comments including a recommended carrier card. Please Wendell :slight_smile: Love your Youtube vid’s since back at the days we won’t talk about.

Took a chance on this one from ebay:

U.2 NVMe to PCIe Adapter - 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD - AbleConn Carrier Pexu2-132

Seems ok by reading some things on Google.

I mean the carrier should pretty much just be traces, the one i have is startech, but dont have a 4.0 drive to test with.

I don’t believe Startech has pci 4 carrier’s, only pci 3

They just aren’t rated, could still easily work. Like I said the carriers are just traces no actual circuits. Its like how on AM4 mobos the gpu slot could work at 4.0 if amd didnt stomp that out to push newer boards. The traces are just traces if it was a good design it would still probably work

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.