Type C kvm display issue

Hello Level1tech team,

I have recently purchased a Type C KVM. I am having an issue with getting the display work on both computers it work intermittently and only have been able to get one pc to work at a time. Please advise.

Here is the current set up:

Pc 1 - M3 max MacBook Pro TO KVM (using Apple thunderbolt 4 cable)

Pc 2 - Dell Xps 15 has thunderbolt 4 TO KVM (using Apple thunderbolt 4 cable)

Display - Samsung oled G8 (using ugreen mini display port to DisplayPort cable)

My only thought on where the issue could be is with the mini DisplayPort cable which would mean I need to get a different display since mini display, type c -and hdmi mini are it’s only display inputs.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you have.
I don’t want to return this, it’s exactly what I need!

what refresh rate are you using? is the switch on the back of the kvm set to u2 mode?
why not use a dp to dp cable instead of dp to mini dp? the g8 has regular dp right?

I’m using 3440p 120hz and yes I have tried both settings on the back and no it doesn’t have regular dp, Samsung has me at a loss on that one smh

try this one, try 90hz instead of 120. do you have a dp mode in the OSD? can you try dp 1.2 if you have a dp mode?

So I tried I totally different monitor today that had regular sized dp and got the same result. Starting to think it’s the kvm.

Looks like it is in fact the kvm I used multiple type c devices (MacBook Pro, iPad, dell xps, and Samsung s23 and different monitor (Samsung g8, Lenovo think-vision 27inch)and different cables (ugreen and stock Samsung g8 cable) at this point. They intermittently work so I believe it comes down to the kvm. I ordered the club 3d cable I will try that on Friday when it gets delivered. In the mean time if the new cable does in fact not be a solution (since I already tried a different monitor) and this seems to be a KVM issue will I have to pay a restocking fee as this does not seem fair because of this situation.

did you try 4k/60 or 4k/90?
you can email me wendell at level1techs.com to setup an rma

remember, the cabling situation is counterintuitive in that the kvm tries to be transparent. what you gpu sees is BOTH cables on either side of the kvm like as if it is one long cable. it is not diagnostically useful to test each cable individually as the loss of both cables is ADDITIVE so as not to mess with freesync timing.

ugreen is a somewhat-sketchy amazon brand, and samsung, historically, has lots of firmware problems even when theres no kvm in the mix, so is unforgiving. This is why we also recommend keeping cable lengths to < 10 feet.

we test the usbc kvms @ 5k before the leave fwiw, using a 3 foot usbc cable and a 6 foot copper DP cable, so it was tested before it left for that combo. And the 5k is on a samsung monitor which are known to be picky, is why we test it.

Well I just tried with the club cable and still had the same result is possible to have a bad kvm?

Unlikely, you may need a regular dp kvm for your setup. Can email me wendell at level1techs.com to setup an exchange

Hey Wendell,

I just emailed you and your team about my return of my kvm switch. Please let me know if you have received it. I stated the conversation we had in the email.

Thank you