Tyan s8030 + Epyc 7443p got stuck with FFFF

I am buiding a workstation with S8030 + EPYC 7443P got the error message like this:

The bmc works and when I login not error messages…

It that because the board do not support 7003 by default? Should I upgrade BIOS ? The default BIOS version is 3.0 which is very old. I can do bios upgrade in BMC but I do not know which file shoud upload to the ui:

I download the BIOS zip file from TYAN website . Should I upload the zip to the UI or should I pick one file after unzip?

I see a topic [Tyan S8030 Firmware Update issues] which is similar with mine, but I dont get the answer there.

Is that the correct ram order for 2 sticks? I see you have more dimms there have you tried populating all the slots, it’s a bit easier than finding the right order

Typically you unzip but I’m unfamiliar with tyan, referring to the manual should have information on both of these

Thanks for your reply. I finally find the problem.

The s8030’s bios is version 3.0 which do not support 7443p. I download the version 4.0 and upload the .ROM file to flash the bios successfully. Then I can boot into the system now.

3 Likes

Enjoy your Milan!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.