Trying to do a budget/effective home theater set up.
Due to budget constraints, and wide/use cases loactions within the house (bedroom, living room, and dining room), I have decided to do a TV cart fitted with a little AV cabinet, mounted with a Dell P4317Q monitor (which I already have on hand), and possibly A/V Receiver + bookshelf speaker combo. (I also happen to have KEF EGGs and AudioEngine A2+ speakers too)
Part of this arrangement is not to be wasteful and trying to be modular. This is also to accomodate a bunch of stuff (apple tv, chromcast, PS, Switch…) (“Inputs”). The TV cart will look something like this: https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/1625325549/O1CN01wBsUA61qrUMDx1Mem_!!1625325549.jpg The outcome I want to achieve is that all I need to do control video input with a remote and control audio with another while having the optionality of bluetooth.
Problem is that the Dell monitor doesn’t have an ARC. So I’ve run into some limitations, and come up with some combinations and require feedback. I appreciate the advice provided. Thank you in advance:
**Option 1:**Inputs > AV/Receiver > (HDMI) Dell + Passive bookshelf speaker connected with speaker wires (although I 'm not entirely sure how to attact those speakers onto the cart itself)
**Option 2:**Inputs > AV Switch > (HDMI video) Dell + (HDMI audio) to Soundbar (like Sonos ARC) attached with the soundbar mount.
My problems/Other points are:
- It appears that I am limited by the Dell Monitor, while it might seem like an easier solution to replace it with a TV that has HDMI ARC, it would defeat the purpose on trying to be cost effective.
- I don’t know how to execute 1.
- I don’t know if Option 2 can be achieved. Can HDMI ARC inputs accept audio output from a standard AV Switch HDMI connection?
- Since I have the the KEFs and A2+ speakers, I wonder if they can be looped into this setup. If so, how?
- The Klipsch Fives are something I greatly desire since it has a HDMI ARC input and can be something future-proof.
Thanks in advance.