Return to Level1Techs.com

Tutorial on how to use GVT-G to share an Intel iGPU with a Windows VM

I wrote a rather large tutorial on my blog on how to setup GVT-G to share an Intel iGPU with a Windows guest. The performance gets very close to native, it’s a nice solution when all you have is a laptop and you don’t have the hardware for VFIO.

The link is here: https://blog.tmm.cx/2020/05/15/passing-an-intel-gpu-to-a-linux-kvm-virtual-machine/

I figured it’d be useful to share it with the people here as well. I hope it’s useful!

5 Likes

Nice tutorial, I’ll try it out myself in ma moment as I wanted to play some windows-only games recently.

However I’d like to give you some feedback about the font size, please make the “code font” and normal one more close to each other in size… also the site looks better when it’s on 90% its original size (15" 1080p no scaling)

Do you mean the container should be less wide? I’ll fix the font! Thanks.

Thank you for this nicely done tutorial. I tried it once before and it is such an awesome technology! That’s what I’m going to use for work when I get my new notebook. I can finally ditch Windows for good and don’t have to dual boot occasionally and/or rely on RDP-/Citrix-Sessions.

1 Like

I made some changes to the layout, let me know what you think!

1 Like

The code font now seems to match the text one, I’m sure I wouldn’t say anything if it was like this since the beginning, but I’m not a professional designer or anything so keep that in mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner about the container width.
I meant that if I zoom out the page just “feels better”, there is just more text on the page, however I don’t think you changed the width, did you? I can’t really tell, seems like that zooming out might have been a placebo effect or something,

1 Like