Trying to view the Official Servers gives an error

https://forum.level1techs.com/c/l1servers/official-servers

I found that link in the FAQ, trying to go there brings me to this page:

Did the URL get changed, or is it something I don’t have access to for some reason?

1 Like

Ok really weird, after posting this and getting the notification I had been promoted to ‘Trust Level’ it seems I have access now.

1 Like

Can you try again?

It works for me.

edit: nvm.

Accounts need to be Trust Level 1 (aka Basic User) to see the L1 Servers subforum.

3 Likes

Would be nice to tell the user that, not just an E:404

5 Likes

Yeah, I understand why it is hidden until then. But some indication as to why would be nice.

@CorruptComputer

If you would’ve read the pinned post at the top, it would’ve answered your question.

1 Like

@Dynamic_Gravity Yeah, but that doesn’t even show up until you have access to it. So how would I have been able to read it to know it was locked? It was a perfectly valid assumption with the information I had access to that the link may have been broken.

1 Like

Technically, the subforum is functioning as intended. So it’s not a bug. It says so right in the message, “This forum is not found or is private”.

However, @MisteryAngel, is the pinned post in said subforum only viewable to >=TL2 functioning as intended?

TBH I’m not sure if that was the objective of the pinned post or not. It’s entirely possible that that is also the purpose.

@CorruptComputer Your immediate goal should be to obtain TL2. Please brush up on these rules and you should be able to reach it with ease.

@Dynamic_Gravity I don’t really have specific goals in mind when joining a forum. I have just been a long time subscriber and when I saw Proton was released I made an account here to share what I have been able to test. I figured it would be appreciated here, because we are all Linux users who have been struggling to find compatible and good games for our platform.

1 Like

That’s fine, and we appreciate the effort! I’m also stoked for the bright future Proton is heralding.

Due to the nature of servers containing IP addresses and such, its locked behind TL2 for good reason. As stated in the rules I linked tL2 is obtained by:

• visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 1 like
  • receiving at least 1 like
  • replying to at least 3 different topics
  • entering at least 20 topics
  • reading at least 100 posts
  • spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

So if you would like to become a member of this community that is all you have to do. I hope you stick around, we need more people to game with lol.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I agree they should be locked behind something to keep them safe from nefarious hands. However I would just like a message like “Sorry you don’t have access to this yet, once you obtain Trust Level 2 check back to see what we have!” or something along those lines.

Not just the generic 404 page, as it is confusing as to whats even wrong:
Is the link broken?
If I don’t have access, why?

1 Like

I pinged Mistery, she should be able to answer your question.

Nevermind

As you can see in the screenshot in the OP, there is no post to see.

1 Like

@MazeFrame

RE: FWD:

We got dis

1 Like

You are still just a basic user (TL1), and this is basically the reason why you cannot acces the said L1-servers catagory yet.

I agree that the standard 404 error message is kinda confusing.
But as far as i´m aware this cannot be changed or maybe it can with the editor.
We could look into that, but its not really that big of a deal as far as i´m concerned.
Nowdays there isnt really that much going on as far as the game servers are concerned.
So maybe we should re think about the tl2 lock on that said catagory.

I do believe its possible to set something like that up by doing voodoo magic like running the forum off of a external nginx instance.

1 Like

Maybe with the editor yeah.
But yeah i dont really see it as a huge deal.
Allthough i do understand that it might be confusing to some users.

1 Like