TrueNAS Scale Error

I just wanted to access my NAS on my Manjaro machine and noticed the following (odd) behaviour:

> ls -alsh NAS/*
ls: NAS/azulath: Resource temporarily unavailable
ls: NAS/backup: Resource temporarily unavailable
ls: NAS/media: Resource temporarily unavailable
NAS/azulath:
ls: NAS/azulath/.: Resource temporarily unavailable
ls: NAS/azulath/.Trash-1000: Resource temporarily unavailable
ls: NAS/azulath/Education: Resource temporarily unavailable
ls: NAS/azulath/Documents: Resource temporarily unavailable
ls: NAS/azulath/Work: Resource temporarily unavailable
total 4,0K
   0 drwxr-xr-x 2 azulath azulath    0 28. Dez 20:28 .
4,0K drwxr-xr-x 7 azulath azulath 4,0K 18. Mär 2023  ..
   0 drwxr-xr-x 2 azulath azulath    0  8. Jän 17:55 Documents
   0 drwxr-xr-x 2 azulath azulath    0  9. Aug 10:02 Education
   0 drwxr-xr-x 2 azulath azulath    0  9. Sep 21:33 .Trash-1000
   0 drwxr-xr-x 2 azulath azulath    0 12. Mär 2023  Work

So, as you can see it claims that the resource is temporarily unavailable but it appears to be able to access said resource nonetheless. Still, I would like to know what is going on and how I could fix this problem. Any ideas?

Edit: It seem like the -l flag is the culprit, i.e. ls -ash works fine.

I don’t see why listing out the file permissions causes the thing to halt in that way.

How is the NAS mounted?

1 Like

I execute the alias called nasmount which is defined like so:

nasmount='sudo mount -t cifs -o rw,vers=3.0,credentials=/root/.nascredentials,gid=1001,uid=1000 //truenas.local/azulath /home/azulath/NAS/azulath &&  sudo mount -t cifs -o rw,vers=3.0,credentials=/root/.nascredentials,gid=1001,uid=1000 //truenas.local/media /home/azulath/NAS/media && sudo mount -t cifs -o rw,vers=3.0,credentials=/root/.nascredentials,gid=1001,uid=1000 //truenas.local/backup /home/azulath/NAS/backup'

I see you are mounting a windows style mount in Linux.
I’m a bit out of my depth on this one because I do not use windows mounts in linux.

For network mount I always recommend using something like NFS or raw block storage.

I’m not sure if it matters or not but for for network drives I always append the _netdev to the file mount options to ensure linux knows it’s a network drive. I am not sure if that is applicable for a SMB share.

1 Like

Thx and sorry for the late reply. I will investigate if _netdev is available for smb shares. I am using smb because I have both, Windows, Linux and macOS clients and smb is compatible with all of them.

I will update this thread if it solves my problem.

I have updated my command like so:

nasmount='sudo mount -t cifs -o rw,_netdev,vers=3.0,credentials=/root/.nascredentials,gid=1001,uid=1000 //truenas.local/azulath /home/alex/NAS/azulath && sudo mount -t cifs -o rw,_netdev,vers=3.0,credentials=/root/.nascredentials,gid=1001,uid=1000 //truenas.local/media /home/azulath/NAS/media && sudo mount -t cifs -o rw,_netdev,vers=3.0,credentials=/root/.nascredentials,gid=1001,uid=1000 //truenas.local/backup /home/azulath/NAS/backup'

Unfortunately, the Resource temporarily unavailable issues persists.

After an upgrade of Manjaro, the error went away again. Might have been a bug in one of the packages.