TrueNas NextCloud Jail unable to update the php module

I have been trying to update my nextcloud php versions to the recent one and i am unable to do so.

I use the NextCloud plugin from the TrueNasCore( jail or whatever is called)
it was 12. something and i updated the turenas version to 13 in the hope that it will fix some stuff but nothing happen , same error and i am unable to find a fix for it( i’m to dumb based on what the truenas forum users say).

I get this.

Next cloud actual version

Screenshot_6

Jail version
Screenshot_7

Any help would be welcome. Thank you!.

If you browse to https://pkg.freebsd.org/ you’ll see there is no version 12 listed. Meaning FreeBSD no longer supports this version. Version 13 is present and so are the files needed to update your system. You should tell your TrueNAS instance to update itself to version 13 (which apparently is already done, based on the image you posted) then reboot TrueNAS to actually get it to run on the v13 kernel and toolchain.

After updating to v13 I’d recommend further upgrades to v14 then v15 to have the latest security packages for your system.

HTH!

2 Likes

Thank you for the comment but is of no use to me. I have done everything , update truenas core to its latest release and update nextcloud to its latest one also. The problem is that in the jail itself I can’t download any package what so ever for some reason and I cannot find any information about what to do in that particular situation.
Why does it have to be this hard to just update a poor php module/package?.

Unfortunately this is a symptom of ixsystems leaving freebsd behind. Your nextcloud plugin originates from the iocage-ix-plugins repository which must be updated by the owner in order for the plugin to upgrade to the latest for a smooth transition.

This leaves you with two options:

1. find/create an updated plugin repository, and point your plugin to the new repo.
  2. make a full backup and restore in a new container

The backup could be restored in a custom freebsd jail, there are some guides online for how to make a custom jail, or alternatively you could restore you backup on another system entirely.