True mouse movement, browser based teamviewer for VBS4 Crisissimulations (Citrix?)

Hi All, I have a question some of you might find interesting and hopefully are able to help me out with: I am trying to remote to a PC running simulation software which is similair to a game, and controlled in a similair way as a game. With this I have the relative mouse movement vs true mouse movement issue that you might know about.

Besides this issue, I am limited in what I can use. The people logging into the simulation PC will use their corporate issued laptops on which I am not able to install software. The issued laptops have: Citrix, Remote desktop, MS Teams, Cisco Webex, WebRTC DISABLED and is Illegal due to security reasons (this eliminates the use of rainway and parsec) Most promising solution is Citrix or something browser based that does not use WebRTC

Question #1: Has anyone ever tried a game like program with Citrix, and does it have the true mouse movement / relative mouse movement issue?

Question #2: Does anyone have any ideas for a different way or different browser based solution?

Thanks!

I have nothing but bad experience with Citrix and its RTX engine. Its 3d rendering capabilities are “good enough” for boomers who are used to CAD 15FPS 90s workstations. Its 2000-ish corporate crapware that does stupid hostile things like omitting ARM64 libs because they are scared their customers might replace their crappy thin clients with Pis.
/rant

RDP has some Direct3d and h.264 but I’m not sure about mouse. The protocol is smart enough to register only remote mouse events.

1 Like