Trouble enabling SRIOV on a NIC on VMware

Hello, having a challenge enabling SR-IOV on a network card on VMware. The NIC is Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2 and Intel documentation indicates that it fully supports SR-IOV for virtualization. I’ve enabled SR-IOV on the BIOS to no avail. The server is a Dell R440. I’ve tried with both ESXI 8 and 7 and both indicate that the card doesn’t support SR-IOV. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Almost a year has passed since this was posted and the surprising lack of response seems to indicate that Level1 members don’t use and have little experience with SR-IOV, which is also surprising.

If members do can they suggest any cards that work flawlessly? If it turns out that the combination of NIC and motherboard is important please advise and also tell us your motherboard model. Thanks.

I have a Supermicro H12SSL-i with Broadcom onboard and SR-IOV doesn’t work even though enabled in BIOS and ESXi 8.0U2.

I’m about to buy a dual 1G-port NIC (10G SFP+ would be nice but no 10G switch) which needs to support SR-IOV. Can members suggest any cards for ESXi 8.0 and above?