Transient KVM <-> PC display issue when powering on PC

I purchased the following KVM: 1.4 Display Port KVM Switch - Dual Monitor - Two Computer (10gbps model)
It has been working well but I’ve been having one issue.

When I boot up my windows PC, it takes a minute for the video to start showing on the monitors.
I have a video of the issue occurring but cannot link it due to the forum restrictions.

I tried re-plugging and switching the cables, but that didn’t resolve the issue.

Note that this issue does not occur for my Macbook and does not occur when I wake the PC from sleep.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Thank you!

Bios mode is usually a lower resolution and requires a different kind of display handshake than higher res modes. once display drivers load the gpu can negotiate a higher level of SnR/drive strength.

Pick up a 3 foot club3d cable or two and see if that resolves it. I bet it does.

2 Likes

Thanks wendell for the explanation of the issue - that makes sense.

I purchased two 3 foot Club3D cables and unfortunately I’m still running into the same issue. Here’s what I tried:
Attempt 1: PC ↔ KVM cables are Club3D and KVM ↔ Monitor cables are random DP cables
Attempt 2: Only using 1 monitor, both the PC ↔ KVM cable and KVM ↔ Monitor cable are Club3D cables

(Club3D cables I used are the ones on Amazon named “Club3D CAC-2067 VESA Certified DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.4/Hbr3 M/M Cable DP 1.4 8K 60Hz 1m - 3,28ft”)

In both attempts I’m still getting the original problem of it taking 70 seconds for the PC to first show a display.
Is there anything more I can do to try to fix this?

What monitors and gpus in the mix?

Could try a ferrite clamp

Thanks, I’ll try the ferrite clamps

Monitors are:

• LG 34UC79G-B 34.0" 2560 x 1080 144 Hz Curved Monitor
  • LG 34GL750-B 34.0" 2560 x 1080 144 Hz Curved Monitor

GPU is Gigabyte WINDFORCE GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Video Card