TR4 vs SP3 cooler mounting options (Threadripper vs Epyc)

Does anyone know if the hole spacing and air cooler mounting brackets are the same for TR4 and SP3 socketed motherboards?

Currently building an Epyc home server with Asrock ROMED4ID-2T board. The hole layout “seems” to match when compared to say an X399M Taichi board, but I can’t find exact specs.

At the moment, comparing some Noctua and Be Quiet options.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes they should be the same. All the coolers I’ve used have been interchangeable between the two.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you . Much appreciated!

1 Like

The coolers fit fine.

Just a heads up that the rotation is 90° around.

Should be a Lil easier for ram clearance, but air flow needs a little more thinking about.

Just make sure you have enough case fans to force the “up/down” flow outwards, or whatever.

1 Like

Yup. The orientation isn’t optimal for this build, but I think I can get enough decent airflow out the case. Fingers crossed. Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, Threadripper coolers are up/down while SP3 coolers are suited for rack-like airflow. Artcic made both, they had TR4 branded models as up/down and SP3 branded ones as suitable for racks. There’s supposed to be new rev of the SP3 U4 cooler coming up at any moment now.

And still no demo or public page (that I have seen).
I was also in touch with Arctic twice in the last 2-3 weeks about SP3/TR4 air coolers and they never mentioned a new version.
That does not mean anything if they news has not trickled down to the folks working emails. shrugs